At Premier Home Health Care Services, Inc., we want you and your family to feel confident when choosing care solutions. We’ve compiled this list of frequently asked home health care questions to help in making this important decision.
- What is home health care?
Through agencies like Premier, expert caregivers and other health care professionals care for patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly, in the comfort of their own homes.
- What types of services are offered?
A wide range of comprehensive services are available, from maternal/child health programs to hospice care. These services can include, but are not limited to:
- Care Management
- Home Health Aides
- Live-in Services
- Private Duty Skilled Nursing
- In-Home Rehab Therapies
- Personal Care Aide
- Disease-Specific Care
- Respite Care
- Transitional Care
- Medication Management
- Who are caregivers?
Caregivers see to the needs of others. While often a spouse or an adult child, caregivers can be neighbors, friends, or professionals from a home health care agency.
- How does Premier screen their caregivers?
At Premier, our home health care employment standards have helped make us one of the most reliable providers of home health care services. Trustworthiness, education and training are paramount. This is why we include stringent testing and verification for every new employee, which includes having every applicant go through a comprehensive interview process. We also administer a professional reference check, criminal background check, drug testing, skills competency testing, DMV record verification, training verification and proof of I-9 documentation.
- How do caregivers help?
A caregiver’s responsibilities depend on the needs of the individual client. For instance, the caregiver may assist the client with making appointments, shopping, meal preparation, bathing and dressing, and light housekeeping. A caretaker also provides medical monitoring, medication reminders, ambulatory assistance, and other essential duties.
- Who can benefit from home health care?
Home health care services are beneficial for diverse clients in need of in-home medical care and ambulatory support. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Elderly clients with health concerns who want to maintain independence and remain in their own homes.
- Clients of all ages who require Post-acute medical care, post-surgical care, supervision, and/or assistance.
- Clients who require complex treatments.
- Clients who suffer from a wide array of chronic conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and brain injury, and who require ongoing medical monitoring but wish to remain at home.
- Clients diagnosed with mental illnesses that require ongoing care and support.
- Caregivers looking for support.
- Clients who need assistance administering or managing medications.
- Care management of chronic disease states
- How is the care that Premier provides supervised?
All care provided to patients by our staff is closely monitored and supervised by a Premier Registered Nurse.
- Do you provide pediatric care?
Our Registered or Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Aides provide care for children with diverse needs. Medicaid and commercial insurance for pediatric care is accepted in select markets.
- Do you provide rehabilitative care?
Premier provides in-home skilled nursing, physical therapy and occupational therapy and social work in the NYC market.
- How much does a home health aide cost per hour?
Rates may vary by location. Contact a Premier representative to discuss details in your area.
- Will health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid cover the cost of home health care?
These providers may cover the cost of home health care if qualifying criteria is met. Premier is here to assist you to determine the best possible options for your individual case.
If you or someone you love needs in-home health care services, Premier can help. Give us a call today at 1-866-263-5118 to learn more about our quality solutions. Services available in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, and Connecticut.
- Are caregivers insured and bonded and does Premier carry liability insurance?
- Is there a minimum amount of service hours required?
There are some Premier service areas that do require hourly minimums. Please contact one of our representatives to learn more.
- How does Premier stay connected and communicate with a client’s family members who don’t live locally?
A Premier care manager will be the primary point person to provide reporting status and coordinate and cross-communicate with the client, family, primary care physician, and other ancillary service providers.